PCN Governance Training
ACTT offers two options for PCN Governance Training – a comprehensive option for professionals who are currently involved in PCN governance (e.g., PCN Board members, PCN Executive Directors, etc.), and a less intensive option for professionals who are interested in learning about governance.
Why is PCN governance training important?
- Today’s dynamic health care system creates a complex set of roles and responsibilities for PCN Board and Joint Governance Committee members.
- Governance representatives must be skilled and knowledgeable in foundational governance matters to best contribute to and influence the performance of their governing bodies.
This 2-credit-per-hour Group Learning Program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 12 Mainpro+ credits.
Professionals currently involved in PCN board governance, including:
- Members of Physician Not-For-Profit Board
- Members of Joint Governance Committee
- Members of PCN Non-Profit Boards
- PCN Executive Directors
- Individuals who directly support PCN governance
- Online courses through Learn@AMA; and
- Interactive session to extend learning.
This option is best suited for:
- PCN board members who previously completed this curriculum
- Those not directly involved in PCN board governance
- Online courses through Learn@AMA