Coordinating Care in the Medical Home and Health Neighbourhood
Supporting patients who are taking opioids is team work that expands beyond the patient's medical home into the health neighbourhood. Teams should work to optimize their roles and responsibilities to ensure that the work is distributed across the team. Additionally, primary care teams should be aware of the local community and provincial resources that are available to support them and their patients.
- Break down roles and responsibilities on the team
- Find and support teams to develop relationships with community resources
- Summarize the benefits of continuity for patients, providers and the healthcare system
- Describe the benefits of care planning and how it can be incorporated into a practice
- Apply Potentially Better Practices that support coordinating the care team