Benefits of Alberta FAST include:
- One centralized office in each zone to send referrals, with one fax number and one provincial toll-free number
- Referring providers can select the first available provider, a specific provider, and/or refer across zones
- Timely, predictable, and helpful communications from both the FAST Program and the consulting provider’s office
- Provincially standardized referral forms embedded into the major EMR systems later this fall
- Sharing of wait time data with providers and public as it becomes available through the FAST programs
Fourteen specialties are in queue to join FAST this summer through 2024.
For more information on Alberta FAST, please visit the AMA-ACTT webpage. This work is being supported through the Alberta Surgical Initiative.