Alberta Screening and Prevention
The focus of Alberta Screening and Prevention (ASaP) is to support physicians, nurse practitioners and clinic teams to offer a screening and prevention bundle to all their patients through enhanced opportunistic and planned outreach methods (targeting patients who do not present for screening care)
Maneuver menu for adults
The ASaP screening maneuvers menu for adults has been updated to reflect new evidence and changes to recommendations while continuing to balance impact and practicality in primary care settings. Supporting tools have also been reviewed and updates will be uploaded to this webpage as they become available.
What's changed for the 2022 Maneuver Menu?
- The recommended age for biennial mammography for average-risk women has been lowered to 45 from 50
- Simplified wording and ensured LGBTQ2S+ inclusive language
- Evidence-based practice points have been updated to include current tools & advice
Why the change to mammography?
Tools and Resources
- Maneuvers menu
- Change package
- Tips for teams
- Roles and responsibilities guide
- Frequently asked questions
- Manuevers menu reference list
- Literature review
- Panel and Screening Tips and Tools for Paper-Based Offices
- Paper-based Maneuver Checklist (PDF)
- Paper-based Maneuver Checklist (MS Word)
- STEP (Supportive Tools for Every Panel) Documents:
- STEP Checklist - a summary of the activities and outputs for panel identification and panel management screening in a checklist format
- STEP Toolkit - the activities and outputs of panel identification and panel management screening with suggested tools and related links
- STEP Workbook - for use at the practice level to guide clinic teams through the activities and provide a means to record outputs for future reference
- STEP Webinar - Part 1 - Introduction to STEP Documents for Alberta Improvement Facilitators - January 12, 2017.
- STEP Webinar - Part 2 - Panel Management: Screening Activities for Alberta Improvement Facilitators - January 19, 2017